Sunday, July 3, 2016

My Secret Sauce

1) Organization - I tend to order things in my life in a unique way allowing me to accomplish everything I want.

2) Appreciation - I believe I understand people and situations which allows me to appreciate all aspects of the world.

3) Seriousness - I'm not exactly a serious person. I usually make a joke out of everything and see the positive side on most subjects.

4) Competitiveness - I can't stand not being the best or at least doing the best I can at just about everything.

5) Adaptable - I believe I can adapt to all the things in life that occur. After several different majors and overcoming obstacles I've been able to understand and change my mind about my studies.

Interview One - https://soundcloud.com/user-297113972/cassidy-sauce
Takeaway - Enjoy making friends happy, does not enjoy losing.
Interview Two - https://soundcloud.com/user-297113972/mom-sauce
Takeaway - solid team member, overly organized
Interview Three - https://soundcloud.com/user-297113972/nick-sauce
Takeaway - Group function, working ahead
Interview Four - https://soundcloud.com/user-297113972/dad-sauce
Takeaway -  Organization, numbers, states, negotiation
Interview Five - https://soundcloud.com/user-297113972/sarah-sauce
Takeaway -  Sarcastic, constructive, organized

Reflection:

After conducting these interviews it's pretty clear some of the closest people to me think the same of me as I do myself.  Just about everyone knows I'm a neat freak and that I'm a steady worker and work well with others. No one really brought up the lack of seriousness I have or the fact I joke around about everything, but my sister. That makes sense. I think they failed to mention this because they may have wanted to sound more professional on the phone. My dad seemed to have the most insight mentioning math skills I have and people skills as well. If I could change what I had written first I may have switched something out for people/communication skills. Overall I think my family has the same view of me as I do myself.














9 comments:

  1. Hi Robert,

    It's pretty cool that your interviewees/family views you the same way you view yourself, because it must be true!

    When you said you order things in your life in order to allow you to accomplish everything, what did you mean by that? Do you organize your time, resources, plan/goals, etc? Just curious. Tips are always good ha.

    The fact that you have the ability to appreciate all kinds of people and walks of life is a great and rare asset. That's probably why you're able to adapt to situations so well. What did you decide on for your major? Equally awesome, is being able to turn a bad situation into a positive thing and a laugh. There's too many obstacles in life to not.

    Very interesting!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://mynewbloggerblog10.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-secret-sauce.html

      Delete
  2. Hi Robert,
    You definitely seem to possess some very necessary qualities for an entrepreneur. Organization, competitiveness, and adaptability are very important attributes to have to be a successful entrepreneur. I think it's a good thing that you aren't so serious about everything. Sometimes we have to laugh at ourselves and life. It's great that your closest people view you the same way you view yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robert, I think you did a great job with your secret sauce post. Your 5 keys to success matched up closely with my keys to success. I rely highly on organization and it was interesting to hear your friends’ views on your personality. It is good to have a mix or seriousness and humor and sounds like your friends have noticed that you have a good mixture of both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Robert!
    It's nice that your interviewee's think the same about you as you think of yourself. That means that you are good at judging yourself. I think people who are adapt and appreciate have the best shot at life. I think the qualities you have show that you are good with people. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.
    http://nehalava.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robert,

    You did a great job with this exercise. I can tell your friends have very similar opinions and thoughts about you as you described before the interviews. That's always a good sign in that you're self image isn't different from what others think. I agree with William's comment about your friends being both serious and joking during the interviews. This is always a positive sign. Thanks for sharing! Here's my the link to my blog: http://uf-ent3003.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert,

    I find it interesting that you view yourself the same way that the people closest to you do. This shows that you are good at judging yourself and that you are unbiased in your views. The quality that stood out to me that you saw was seriousness. I also tend to try to make things into jokes to lighten the mood. To me this helps a situation become less tense and makes everyone comfortable. In my opinon, when everyone is comfortable, they work together better.
    http://jrscottratt.blogspot.com/2016/06/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Robert,
    It's great that your family views you as the same as you view yourself! It sounds like you are pretty in tact with reality, and have many positive attributes including being neat, being good at math(analytical and quantitative skills) and having people skills as well.

    Your friends seem genuine in their interviews and really knew you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people are often only good at math, and lack people skills or vice versa. It is great that you have both.

      Delete