Sunday, July 3, 2016

My Customer's Avatar

The prototypical customer that I will be serving with my parking garage is someone who is going out to Anna Maria Island during the weekend, summer months, or major holidays.  They may be a large family, a couple, or perhaps a single person just looking to escape town and enjoy the beach alone. Their hobbies would include visiting the beach, swimming in the pool, riding bikes, kayaking, beach volleyball, eating out at seafood restaurants, watching sun sets, being in social atmospheres, and enjoying a drink at beach bars.  My customers would especially have to enjoy being outside in warm weather and be able to adapt to weather conditions on the fly as a thunderstorm may appear out of no where on any given summer day afternoon.  They may drive a large SUV to accommodate a family or perhaps drive a small luxury sports car with only their spouse sitting next to them.  The island has many small businesses to shop at raging from high end specialty stores to cheap ice cream parlors, so the island welcomes high and middle class people.  A majority of Bradenton residents are registered as Republicans, however many snowbirds, people who visit from the north over winter months, tend to be Democrats.  Besides those with younger families, many customers would be older people. By race, a strong majority would identify as white with a smaller amount of people being of Latino decent.

I have several things in common with my customer avatar. I enjoy being outside and visiting the beach. Although I currently live with my parents now, I usually go to the beach alone or with a friend.  I drive a small car that would allow me to bring only one other person along with a beach chair. From a demographic standpoint I would be much younger than the average beach goer, but I do identify myself as a white male.  I don't think it's a coincidence that have have this many similarities with my customer avatar. I grew up in this town and have the same hobbies and lifestyle as most of the people living here.

Here are a few pictures that depict what my customers may look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment