Thursday, July 21, 2016

Celebrating Failure

Earlier this semester I missed half of the assignments for a week when I left town for the weekend. I had gotten back late Sunday night and didn't have enough time to finish all of the homework that was due.  I realized then that if I was going to continue working full time and leave town every weekend to visit friends I'd have to be much more organized.

I think failure made me analyze my schedule in great detail this summer. At one point I considered quitting my job or dropping the class. Ultimately I discovered how to keep both and figured out I can hold myself to a very tight and specific schedule. This class made me consider failure as a means to quit at first, but after one weekend of getting ahead on assignments I gave it another shot.

Outside of class I think I look at failure differently now as well. Before I might take failure as a sign to quit and try something else. Now I'll try and critique something or alter it to work before I throw in the towel.

3 comments: