Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tweaking the Innovation

My product would be a parking garage for AMI visitors.



  • Parking Garage 
    • Parking meter fee
      • core - pay to keep vehicle parked legally
      • tangible - physcial space you've purchased to gaurnatee spot
      • augmented - saves time by gaurnateeing you a spot here rather than chancing it for the spot on the island
    • Trolley fee
      • core - buys you a spot on a trolley that takes you to AMI
      • tangible - physical spot on a trolley ride
      • augmented - no waiting around to find parking spot, simply get dropped off at the beach or other destination on AMI
    • Small convenience store with beach supplies
      • core - sells much needed beach supplies and accessories 
      • tangible - drinks, ice, sunscreen, coolers, sandals, clothes, etc.
      • augmented - convenience of products sold right where you park before getting a ride to the beach

The meter fee could be either controlled by the hour or day. If monitored by hour we could theoretically control how long some people stay at the beach/island and manage the human traffic volume on the island.  The meter could also be paid for with an app that included a timer to let you know when your meter is running out. Island visitors could then choose to pay more while on the island if they wanted to stay longer simply by purchasing more time right from their phone.  The trolley ride from the garage to the island could be enhanced physically by not only offering bus rides.  Ferry or boat rides could also take people from the garage to the island. The trolley ride could be offered as a one time round trip fee or could be purchased as a year pass.  The convenience store could become a restaurant as well as gift shop. In addition the store could rent out beach accessories such as bikes, kayaks, jet skis and more. 

2 comments:

  1. Robbie,
    At first I was not sure what AMI is. I'm guessing a beach? That's what it sounds like in the end. Are there shops at the beach that would compete with the one by the garage? Same with cafe' concept, is there competition on the island? I think the pay to park idea is good and supporting the transportation too. In the long run I see this as preserving the beach by not allowing cars to drive on it, but as I'm not familiar with the location you are writing about, I would double check on the other businesses that would be competition for your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also not sure what AMI is. I am just guessing that it is an island or beach due to the context. Parking garages are nothing new and have always been a profitable idea in crowded areas like cities and universities. If the area you are talking about is crowded enough and there is no space for regular parking, it would be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete