2) When I was forced to cram and study for an exam in my other class I didn't have the time to give enough attention to this course. I couldn't go out and conduct interviews and I missed a few assignments, I considered quitting my job or even dropping the class. I was lucky enough to be given a few days off work after explaining to my boss my situation. Since then I've been trying to work ahead when possible and stay on top of things.
3) When taking this course it is extremely important to plan ahead when trying to conduct interviews. These are typically the most difficult assignments and require looking ahead of schedule. Don't be afraid of talking to strangers about your assignments. It will be uncomfortable the first time, but after one the rest come much easier. Having the right mindset for this course is needed if you truly want to learn how being an entrepreneur works. Constantly thinking about how to better the world by solving people's unmet needs. Once you make your first bug list you realize it never really ends. Since then I'm always on the look out for fixing life's problems and issues.
Hi Robert,
ReplyDeleteOrganization is very important. Weekends are very important to me as well so I like to get all of my homework done during the week. I work full time so I have to be wise about organizing my time to do my homework. I feel that as long as I manage my time well I can get everything done and still have free time.
Hey Robert! Your schedule reminds me of mine. With a full time job, I completely agree that organization is key. All of the assignments in this class make it overwhelming and I am just now starting to get into a schedule that works for me. You are so fortunate to have a boss that is so accommodating. I wish you the best completing the second half of this course!
ReplyDeleteOh- and here is my halfway reflection! http://mysummerentblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html
DeleteHi Robert,
ReplyDeleteIt must be tough taking this class with a full time job as well. This class demands a lot of work and I could see that causing you to want to quit. You not quitting shows that you have a very tenacious personality and are very organized. For this class, you must be organized if you want to be successful. This class has taught me to do so.
http://jrscottratt.blogspot.com/2016/06/halfway-reflection.html