Sunday, June 12, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

1) I'm a person who likes to help others and make their lives easier.  I'm currently an office assistant for a company and continuously help around the office and understand that efficient work makes other people's jobs better. On a larger scale I can help out my city by putting up a parking garage to help ease the volume of traffic. If I were to start this project I would consider it my full-time job after graduation.

2) With this product I am taking the headache out of beach traffic and parking on Anna Maria Island. Island visitors frequently run into the issue of limited parking which in return backs up traffic onto mainland, annoying people living there. This garage helps the source of the problem and takes care of the related issues.

3) There are three different groups of customers I'm helping. One, island visitors who come to Anna Maria Island for the beaches. Two, island locals who become frustrated when visitors park illegally and cause problems. Three, mainland inhabitants who suffer from backed up traffic.

They all experience limited parking and excessive traffic.

4) By paying money to park at a garage, visitors don't have to fight for parking on the island and worry about fees if they are forced to park illegally somewhere else.  Additionally, the garage can serve as a one stop destination to gear up for the beach.

5) It's easy to be set apart when I can be the only source of mass parking for AMI.  The garage would be the only area where people can park, buy beach accessories, and get a trolley ride to the island all in one.

I believe having the mindset to help others paired with understanding these customer's needs is an opportunity for success.  While there is virtually no experience with building construction, I believe customer needs and determination can overcome this setback.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robert,

    Your idea for installing a parking garage in where I assume you live in Anna Maria Island sounds like it would solve many people's problems! Sounds like a nice place to visit and I assume that many tourist travel there. I can see why there would exist a problem with limited parking. This garage will help to solve that problem effectively. As for space needed for the garage I’m not sure how that will be implemented but still the garage sounds like the ideal solution to the parking problem. Check out my blog at http://jpmorgan15.blogspot.com/

    Regards,
    Juan Parra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert,

    I have never personally been to Anna Marie Island, but it sounds like it definitely has a parking issue. I think it is also good to fix parking issues though. No one likes having to drive someone where they know they are going to struggle to find a spot. I could see easier parking on the island possibly increasing the tourism around there and being good for the area. Here is my blog: http://jaredpape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete